Wearing white in the hot season is anything but radical, yet remains a staple look. A trend that will always be in, and summer associated, although it’s a look that has spread its classiness in autumn and winter as well.
It got me thinking if, and why, it is so… Cause regardless of personal like and dislike we must accept, it is brighter, (Yes, it is white, but it somehow pops more than any color) it is classic but not too been-there-done-that, it is a no-brainer but not that easy to pull off. White is one of my favorite looks for summers, but white has been around since forever, so is it possible for us to reinvent the way we wear it? How do we do it? Is white so versatile that it can go from morning to evening, from Mondays to Sundays? And here I am with today’s look and style tips…
You know the beauty of white pants is that they wash well and if need be you can bleach them! for those that say that you’re scared that they’ll get dirty when you sit down, I’ve never had that problem. Another plus of wearing a white pant is that any blouse will go with it and when it’s blazing hot outside, the last thing you want to be feeling is constrained by your clothes. So, to stay cool, I have been taking advantage of hot weather trends like flowy off shoulder top and dresses which allow you to show a little skin without looking too risqué. I would call it the perfect combination of sweet and sexy.
I paired up my white pants with this pretty off shoulder crimson blouse, and accessorized my look with white multi layered beads necklace and my cherry red bag, I decided to ditch the Kajal and keep bright lips, for this look I have used Maybelline Sensational Velvet Matte Lipstick – Hot Wine which I bought from Nykaa on sale and the good news is its still on sale till 30th June, you can buy it here.
You can either wear white or black shoes with white pants, I chose to wear my black ones as these are classic black heels and very comfortable.
Tips to wear white:
- If you have always been reluctant to wear white, give it a try! Don’t be afraid that white makes you look bigger, but instead focus on finding the perfect fit for your body type.
- Play with different tops and shapes or try wearing tunics or short dress over your trousers.
- White is such a great versatile color you can wear it with all the colors in your wardrobe. Give it a try and mix with clothes from your wardrobe.
- If you are wearing white pants first time, sticking to a neutral palette is the safest and most popular option.
- Pair your white pants with pumps and a bright patterned blouse, to create an outfit that could take you from work to evening drinks.
- Add a bright lipstick and no Kajal look with your white pant look, it gives a no make-up yet dolled up look.
Do you wear white? Or are you scared? Trust me I was super hesitant to wear it at first, but you have just got to do it and you won’t regret it, I promise! Do share with us your experiments with white..
Create the Look
Jeans: Forever 21
heels: Dressberry- http://www.myntra.com
Necklace: bought from Janpath
Lipstick: Maybelline Sensational Velvet Matte Lipstick – Hot Wine MAT 6, bought from http://www.nykaa.com/maybelline-brand-store
Bag: Ginger by Lifestyle